Y-Apply's programs are led by facilitators who are graduates of the nation's best colleges and universities and have decades of experience assisting students applying to highly selective colleges and universities. Through the interactive exercises, these facilitators offer the students and parents hands-on feedback and encourage peer-to-peer learning as well.
Student participants in the The Y-Apply program learn how to:
1) Craft compelling college admission essays that express the uniqueness of their personalities and depth of their character;
2) Conduct a college admission interview that reveals who they are with emotional impact using strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills; and
3) Navigate the diversity of a collegiate student body.
Parent participants of the Y-Apply program learn how to:
1) Understand the world of financial aid and the daunting nature of the college application process;
2) Manage their fears and insecurities around their children "leaving the nest"; and
3) Provide emotional support to their child during the application process.
Qualified students and their parents are invited to the program and are accepted on a first-come/first-serve basis. Both student and parents leave the workshop with a strategic plan for each
to complete during the college application process. Participants are also provided with support from Y-Apply at key times during the process to keep participants motivated to complete their
While many of our participants have credited Y-Apply as playing a key role in the success of their college applications, Y-Apply does not guarantee admission to any college or university, nor do we advocate for students to apply to any particular college or university over another. Our goal is to ensure students and parents work together to create the most competitive application possible and aspire for the students to attend schools once thought out of reach.
The dates for the next Y-Apply programs are as follows:
September 16th, 2017 - Y-Apply Atlanta
September 30th, 2017 - Y-Apply Washington, D.C.
Registration for each workshop begins at 8:30am. Each workshop will begin at 9:00am. Lunch and a continential breakfast will be served at both locations. Business casual dress for both locations is required.